Jakafi in Acute GVHD (aGVHD)
Immune Cell Proliferation and Cytokine Signaling
JAK-STAT signaling pathways help regulate the development, proliferation, and activation of immune cell types important for GVHD1-5:
- Signaling by proinflammatory cytokines
- Trafficking of T cells and innate immune cells to tissues
- Proliferation and activation of T cells
- Suppression of regulatory T cells (Tregs)
In a mouse model of acute GVHD, ruxolitinib was associated with decreased expression of inflammatory cytokines in colon homogenates and reduced immune-cell infiltration in the colon1:
- The relationship between data in mouse models and clinical efficacy and safety has not been established
JAK, Janus-associated kinase; STAT, signal transducer and activator of transcription.
- Jakafi Prescribing Information. Wilmington, DE: Incyte Corporation.
- Jagasia M, Zeiser R, Arbushites M, Delaite P, Gadbaw B, Bubnoff NV. Ruxolitinib for the treatment of patients with steroid-refractory GVHD: an introduction to the REACH trials. Immunotherapy. 2018;10(5):391-402.
- Zeiser R, Burchert A, Lengerke C, et al. Ruxolitinib in corticosteroid-refractory graft-versus-host disease after allogeneic stem cell transplantation: a multicenter survey. Leukemia. 2015;29(10):2062-2068.
- Zeiser R, Blazar BR. Acute Graft-versus-Host Disease - Biologic Process, Prevention, and Therapy. N Engl J Med. 2017;377(22):2167-2179.
- Schroeder MA, Choi J, Staser K, DiPersio JF. The Role of Janus Kinase Signaling in Graft-Versus-Host Disease and Graft Versus Leukemia. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2018;24(6):1125-1134.